Aug 28, 2013

Bride Dress and Groom Tuxedo Party Favor Boxes

I have a sweet couple of boxes that are almost ready to launch. They took some time to figure out because I wanted to incorporate specific details. I thought I would share a bit of my process here.


I knew I wanted a fuller bridal gown, more ball-like rather than square, the stuff of little girls' dreams. So a hexagon shape was my base, and you can see the progression as the bodice took shape.

I wanted to offer two types of dresses, so chose a straight and crossed style. Having two to choose from means you can have bridesmaids for a shower.


For the guys, I sculpted broad shoulders from a tuxedo that assembles without glue. Again, two different styles - a Windsor knot tie (love that crimp) and a bow tie (not a shoelace method). I couldn't resist a matching hanky in the pocket. I love putting time into small details like this.


These aren't limited to wedding couples. I had quite a smirk on my face making Anastasia Steele's plum dress and Christian Grey's tie, perfect for a 50 Shades of Grey party.

Does this set of new boxes make you think of other occasions?

*** Update *** The boxes are now in my Etsy store ***

6 comments: