Sep 30, 2015

3D Paper Pumpkins - Free Patterns


I've been having a lot of fun “carving” my pumpkins this year! I've designed a round, tall, and wide version, complete with stem, twirling vine, and leaf. They're waiting to greet my little tricksters and I can't wait to give this threesome in their treat bag to assemble themselves.

I've mentioned one of the things that was topmost on Craftsy's agenda for me as an instructor, was to ensure my classes taught skills the students could then use in other projects. In Lesson 1, I show how to make a 3D Christmas Tree and wanted to show you how easy this technique is to apply in so many ways.

Although my step-by-step instructions are not as interactive as watching the Craftsy lesson, you'll get a taste of it anyway. As with the tradition of Halloween trick-or-treating, I thought it would be a fun for you all to go to different houses to collect your treats and learn what else is in the land of paper ingenuity.




House #1 - Round Pumpkin
Jin Yong's house is Under a Cherry Tree and she has the most amazing ways of taking regular die cut files and transforming them in subtle ways to become more tactile and dynamic. Her sense of humour is so entertaining and I love to see what her mind comes up with.



House #2 - Tall Pumpkin
All Things Paper is what you'll discover at Ann Martin's house. Ann creates the most exacting quilling pieces, and pairs them delicately with wedding certificates and invitations. She also has a discerning eye for all the different ways we manipulate paper. Just like a newspaper, she edits out the clutter and delivers the best of paper creations by talented paper enthusiasts.


3D Paper Pumpkin - Wide


House #3 - Wide Pumpkin
Journey on to Michelle of Michelle My Belle Creations, where you'll find an encyclopedia set of cutting files and patterns. Her love of teaching shines in her volumes of tutorials and forums and inspiring ideas. Her Mojo Mondays will get you ramped up each week.



I consider myself incredibly fortunate to have these three amazing talents be my neighbours. Not only are they handing out my 3D Paper Pumpkin treats, they are also hosting a giveaway of my Craftsy class! If you'd like to be shown how to make more paper projects, simply leave a way to be contacted on their sites and a winner will be chosen from each house - that's 3 chances to win!

What I love most is hearing the stories of what you end up making and sharing with others. Please let me know if you have a spooktacular Halloween with them!

Cecelia




*** UPDATE *** 
There are 3 pumpkin shapes to download




6 comments:

  1. These pumpkins are so cute thank you so much Cecelia !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome Séverine! I'm happy you like the set :D

      Cecelia

      Delete
  2. Thank you for offering the giveaway of the class. I just found out this morning that I won from Jin's Under a Cherry Tree blog! Squeal. :) I'm just getting started watching the first lesson. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jeanne - congratulations on winning your free Craftsy class!!! I'm so happy you won and can't wait to see what you're going to make. :D

      Cecelia

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for this cute pumpkin! Greetings from Germany! Katharina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Katharina! Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for your kind words. Happy crafting!

      Cecelia

      Delete