Aug 17, 2016

A Review of "Paper Quilling a Bird"

Whenever I am writing patterns for others, I try my hardest to be in their shoes. I ask opinions and for others to test before I make my patterns public, and am constantly asking for feedback to improve my next pattern. Here is a review of my first YouTube instructional video and pattern of "Paper Quilling a Bird":




The video for quilling a bird greeting card with a box is a great way to begin learning how to quill. Seeing each step is easier to follow than written instructions and the thicker card stock is much easier to handle than the usual narrow paper strips. The gluing tips and methods to keep the paper even helped me with my problem of messy glue spots showing and uneven edges. I like the friendly casual tone of the video "Hey, you got a good hold there." and the pattern is fun and cheery to see after it is completed. The box was a little tricky. The tabs from the top needed a little help to insert into the bottom openings. I have done some quilling before but I still learned useful tips from this video. Seeing the steps would make it easy to make even for a beginner, I think.
JM

Thank you so much for sharing your work and thoughts with us JM!

Watch the video and learn how I make the airy quilling coils – I'd love any feedback so I can keep improving! The pattern can be purchased here in my Etsy shop.

Cecelia

No comments:

Post a Comment