Thursday, September 1, 2016

Quilling Small Letter - Work in Progress

Paper Quilling Letter E

Hi all, I hope your summer has been as blazing as mine has been.

This is a quick post to show you a glimpse of what I'm working on right now. This quilled letter E is about the size of a thumb tack.

I started with a length of 3", 1/4" wide, cut from Canson Mi-Tientes paper, which is considerably thicker than standard quilling paper.

I may need a new set of eyes when I'm done this new typographic poster. Stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. So tiny and so perfect - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much JA! It took quite a bit of fussing, and I'm glad so many can appreciate something so small. :D

      Delete
  2. Wow! So tiny but so neat and perfectly formed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! It's quite a challenge and sometimes it feels like I'm not getting far, but then when I take a step back, I realize ok, yes, I'm learning each time I form a letter.

      Delete
  3. I cannot fathom how you do something so small! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind Sarah! Here is a video of how I put it together: https://youtu.be/4vfMlIHbPQk

      Delete